Baseball & the 10,000 Things
BB10K was a personal head-shot I used to send out in the mails.
A state-of-mind document.
An attempt to find out whether or not I could order the swirl upstairs
into a template that might work for someone else.
It has a chronology, so be aware of the dates.
It has a "trajectory," of which more later.
And for my purposes here, it works as an explanation
of how I later arrived at my "Twenty-Plus Questions," which may appear here, bit by bit, over the next several years.
BB10K proper consisted of 4 numbered issues spanning 18 pages
appearing between February '94 and February '95.
The index below is mainly for repeat offenders or those of you who feel outlines are useful.
The link above will let you in the front door, where you're less likely to find yourself
in a dark-damp basement or some cubby-hole with no exit. Up to you...
Vol. I, no. 1, February 1994
- The Opener: "He had a clutch going on me..."
- Kerouac Quote
- Tonight's Line-up
- "I was once a Yankee batboy..."
- Throwing Out the First Pitch
- Claude M. Fuess Quote
Page 3 / Grab Bag
- Moonlight Graham Lonely Hearts Club
- Coming Soon, Probably
- Lesher / Howick Quote
Vol. I, no. 2, May 1994
- Trade of the Year: Joe Camel for Memorabilia + Cash
- "Dem Bums..." --Babs Gonzales
- Aristotle Defines Team
- Crazy Quilt #1: Jackie Robinson Breaks the Color Line
- Percy Bridgman Quote
Page 7 / Grab Bag
- ...Powers of the Commisioner...
- Behind the Wheel
- Gandhi Quote
- A Most Enviable List
- Sir Arthur Stanley Eddington Quote
Vol. I, no. 3, September 1994
- [tap-tap-tap:] All Together Now...
- Jimmy Austin Quote
- Tonight's Line-up
- Hazrat Inayat Khan Quote
- Around Here It's Always the Bottom of the Ninth
- Stendhal Quote
Page 11 / Grab Bag
- The Most Interesting Thing About the Pirates This Year...
- Horticulture 101
- Fridtjof Nansen Quote
- Unblind Me With Science Whydontcha?!?
Vol. I, no. 4, February 1995
- I Want a New Drug
- Aunt Bea Quote
- Jean Cocteau Quote
- Tripleheader: Tallulah Bankhead / Willie Mays / William Shakespeare Quotes
- Time to Spare / Max Frisch Quote
- Daniel Lanois Quote
Page 17 / Leavings
- And After All That, Thanks and Credits to...
- Diderot Quote
- Coming: A Greek Tragedy in Twenty-Two Acts
- Michael Hurley Quote
- Anonymous Quote