UPDATES / February 20, 2012 :::
- Dynasty League team owners can keep any players from year to year. After Keepers are set on March 1st, empty roster spots will be filled either by a live on-line draft, or by an off-line draft via e-mail run by the commissioner.
- All three RR Draft Orders in a given season (April/All-Star Break/October) are determined by the Final Standings from the previous year.
- UPDATES 2011 :::
- Any team with an OPEN RR slot taking a "PASS" during a RR Draft will be considered as having not participated.
- RR Stat Limit to 600 AB / 200 IP.
- Teams are allowed to use RRs on their active rosters.
- February Deadline / FINAL KEEPER LISTs (Midnight, last day of February)
*** October (Post-Season) RR Draft:
Moves can be made any time between end of the regular season and before Final Keeper Lists are submitted.
- March 1st / Final Keepers posted.
- LIVE Draft Date by on-line RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR.
8:00pm EST on weeknights; 2:00pm EST on weekends.
- Pre-Season RR Draft will follow Live Draft / RR Draft participants: please state your intentions.
- Pre All-Star Break / RR Draft participants will state their intentions by July 1st.
- All-Star Break / RR e-mail Draft.
- September 30th / Preliminary Keeper Lists due.
Rick Lopez, Commissioner
- Team Names : NO in-season changes please! ::: Franchise names: Preferably, teams should be tied to a city, state, or geographic area, as all professional teams are, but it is not required. No offensive nicknames will be accepted. Continuity is preferred. Try to pick a name you'd like to take to the grave.
- Draft Order: Last place team through 1st place team; then reverse. SNAKE.
- A preliminary Keeper List must be sent to the Commissioner by September 30th.
- Off-Season Team Rosters ::: All (thirty / twenty-two) players on a team roster at season's end remain on the roster throughout the off-season, until final Keeper List comes due at end of February. Teams can continue to trade players, including Rookie Reserves, throughout the off-season. As far as our rosters are concerned, the year begins and ends with the deadline for the final Keeper Lists.
In this regard—all players involved in off-season deals must either be added to receiving team's Keeper List or Rookie Reserve list. This will ensure that all player movement is meaningful. ANY PLAYER INVOLVED IN AN OFF-SEASON TRADE CANNOT BE DROPPED until the pre-season Yahoo Live Draft is completed.
EXCEPTION ::: Any player involved in an off-season trade whose season is jeopardized by injury or retirement may be dropped before the Keeper List deadline in February.
During the offseason, final team rosters will be posted at the League home-pages. The Commissioner's Office remains open for trade reviews, and notices will be sent to the other owners. Once approved, changes will be made to the rosters of the involved teams.
- OPEN Keeper Slots :::
Any open roster spots will entitle owner to a corresponding number of Draft Picks chosen from the Free Agent pool after Final Keeper Lists are posted. Commissioner will run an e-mail Draft for any teams leaving Open Roster Spots.
- "Rookie Reserve"
ROOKIE Defined ::: Player must not have passed the Maximum 600 AB or 200 IP of major league service in his career to be eligible for this draft.
"Rookie Reserves" can be held until the end of the year during which which they surpass the Rookie Stat Line (600 AB or 200 IP). ANY players, rookies, prospects, college players, or minor leaguers can be assigned these spots—whether available in the YAHOO lists or not.
The Commissioner will create an INACTIVE ROOKIE RESERVE team, where all RR players in the Yahoo system will be kept. (For our purposes, they're in the Minors.) To ACTIVATE a player, a request must be sent to the Commissioner by the team owner.
If you choose a player in the RR Draft that is not yet in the YAHOO system, the player's name will be slotted in the KEEPER List / Rookie Reserve List on the league home-pages. Commissioner will announce any post-draft ROOKIE RESERVE changes on the league update list as they are made.
- Rookie Reserve Drafts ::: [Drafts will be held off-line via e-mail]
ANY PLAYERS QUALIFYING AS ROOKIES in the Yahoo system may be kept active on the live roster during the season and held as LOCK picks for any Rookie Reserve Drafts as long as they do not surpass the AB or IP limits by the draft date.
RRs can be rostered and made active, brought up at any time (send me an e-mail) to use on your active roster, and they can be sent back to RR during any RR draft, as long as they still have stat eligibility. Same with any players you grab off of the Yahoo Waiver Wire as "lock" RR picks. It saves me from having to keep track, so use them if you want until the RR draft comes around. (They must still have stat eligibility at draft time!)
THREE RR Drafts:
Early April / RR Draft will be held AFTER the active roster Yahoo Live Draft scheduled during late March.
Early July / RR Draft will be held during the three-day All-Star Break.
Post-season / RR Draft runs through the post-season, and will be held with the call for Final Keeper Lists in February.
Owners are responsible for :::
--- Confirming participation in the RR draft by the commissioner's deadline by sending in a list of THREE picks per Open Slot. No exceptions—anyone failing to do so will wait until the following RR Draft. All owners are expected to be aware of when the drafts take place and to plan accordingly.
--- Owner is solely responsible for checking desired players against current draft results, current Rookie Reserves, AND free agent player list at YAHOO league page. Anyone picking a player not available for any reason (including non-eligibilty because of surpassing 600 AB or 200 IP limit), will be skipped and must pick a replacement after draft is complete.
--- Owner MUST include name, team, and league info in e-mail correspondence.
--- Any Owner who intends to draft an eligible player from their active roster can inform the Commissioner of their intentions at any time. The player is essentially a "lock" for drafting purposes when on your team roster, and these picks will expedite the draft process.
- Rookie Reserve Moves :::
To ACTIVATE a Rookie Reserve ::: Alert the Commissioner of your intention via e-mail, and name the active roster player to be dropped. The Commissioner will perform the transaction.
You may choose to make an RR active at any time. Activate one of your Rookie Reserves during the current season, and he is active from that point until the next RR Draft.
All players in RR slots who surpass the rookie stat limit will be indicated as a DROP on your RR list.
For example, a pitcher surpassing the 200 IP limit in the current '12 season, would be eligible to stay with
the current team until Final Keepers are due in February for the 2013 season.
You can trade Rookie Reserves one for another / You can include Rookie Reserves in trades for regular roster players / You can trade future RR Draft picks for roster players or RR players. [Commissioner will determine whether or not trade is equitable and balanced, taking into consideration place in standings, future needs, etc.]
Any traded RR player over the Rookie Stat Line ::: Career numbers of 600 AB or 200 IP, will retain his DROP status with new team and can be placed on its RR list until the following pre-season.
- Owners with Open Keeper slots who choose to keep less than the maximum will participate in an Early Round Keeper Draft via e-mail or Yahoo Live Draft. Commissioner will alert the participating owners by announcing that the Draft is underway. Commissioner will provide drafting owners with the Draft Order (with "Snake" Draft determining the order by appropriate Round).
When Drafting Early Round Keepers by e-mail, owners will be expected to provide the commissioner with a list of at least THREE picks per open Keeper Slot in preferred draft order. Commissioner will alert any owners of "conflicts" that may occur if the Commissioner is drafting, which may require owner(s) to hold off on later picks. This Draft should take no more than a few days to complete. Any owner who is unprepared will be assigned Keepers by the Commissioner, who will slot in the highest ranked player at a needed position.
- PLAYER PRE-RANKINGS :::
Once the Draft Time and Date are determined and the Early Pick Keeper Draft is complete, you can do your PLAYER PRE-RANKINGS at the Yahoo League Page as you normally would.
DELETE (place on "EXCLUDE" List) any player in the Yahoo system that is a Rookie Reserve. (Commissioner will include this list along with the KEEPER List.)
--Commissioner will set the Rookie Reserve team to "Exclude" all other players except those chosen as Rookie Reserves.
If any team owner is absent for any reason from the LIVE draft-- these mechanisms will insure that the draft runs smoothly.
PLEASE NOTE ::: Any team owner not complying with this pre-draft ranking process will be held responsible for resulting draft mayhem and will be beheaded and torn asunder and IMMEDIATELY banned from the league because I will be really mad and stressed out.
- **Dead Team Note** ::: The commissioner will distribute abandoned teams to other owners to continue the integrity of the league. The new owners must assume the existing rosters and accept the determined league settings. Existing Teams must be created for the new season immediately following league creation in the Yahoo FBB system.
If any team is still orphaned when the season begins, the Commissioner will run it until a new owner is found. Draft Preferences will be set to Yahoo Rankings default (with appropriate EXCLUDES in place); Position players and SPs will be made active or benched as needed; Waiver Wire will only be used for DL issues-- top-ranked available player at needed position will be taken.
League Home Pages :::